Thanks to today’s ease of travel and the social media boom that has transpired in the past two decades, this world is not as big as it used to be, which has given many people from different walks of life the opportunity to meet and fall in love. Luckily for these individuals there is a U.S. visa which allows them the opportunity to test the strength of their relationship while providing them a faster way of being together: The K-1 Visa also known as the Fiancé Visa.
Do you want to bring your fiancé to the U.S. as fast as possible? Well, using a K-1 Visa Attorney in Orlando, FL can help you do exactly that. While the processing times of a K-1 visa vary depending on the service center and the consulate which processes your case, traditionally it is the fastest way to be reunited with your loved one here in the U.S. Dealing with the different departments required to obtain a fiancé visa can be daunting, but utilizing the help of a Fiance Visa Orlando, FL Attorney can make the difference between waiting an extended period of time to see your loved one and finally being able to tie the knot.
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT FOR A K-1 VISA?
In order to qualify for a K-1/Fiancé Visa one must meet the following requirements:
- The person petitioning for the visa must be a United States citizen;
- You and your foreign fiancé must be free to legally get married; you must be either single or legally divorced;
- You and your fiancé must have first met within the past two years;
- You and your fiancé must both have the intention of getting married within 90 days of your fiancé’s arrival in the United States;
- You must meet the minimum income and financial requirements to qualify for the K-1 visa; and
- Your fiancé must not meet any criteria that makes him or her inadmissible to the United States.
Keep in mind that if your fiancé has children that want to be included in the petition, there are also K-2 visas available. The K-2 visa is for children of a foreign fiancé who are younger than the age of 21 and who are not married. They are considered derivatives of the foreign fiancé’s petition.
As you can see above, the fiancé visa process can be complex. Accordingly, it is imperative you have a skilled immigration lawyer on your side to help with your K-1 visa petition. Here at Michael Mendez, P.A., as your K-1 Visa Attorney we have the resources and experience to make your K-1 visa process as straightforward as possible.
For a consultation with Attorney Mendez concerning your K-1 Visa needs, please contact us at 407-250-3333.